How does Health Coaching work?
What does peak wellness look like for you? That's probably a question other health professionals haven't asked you, and it might be something you've never asked yourself. So much of health care is actually "sick care." Health coaching does a lot of things differently than other health fields. For starters, we focus on health, not illness. This focus leads us to determine what works for you. We start with what's working and we build from there. We brainstorm. We use my expertise in wellness, and just as importantly we use your expertise in your own body. The end-game of coaching is building your self-efficacy. What does that mean exactly? It means building your confidence in your ability to lead a healthy life, whether your challenge is weight maintenance, stress management, physical activity, healthy eating, or how to manage a life-long disease. I coach using the WellCoaches model. It has a decade of testing behind it and uses for its inspiration the leading frameworks in positive psychology. My philosophy is to use what the research says works best for the vast majority of people. Into this, I infuse my personal passion and joy in coaching and connecting with individuals. I know how hard it is to make a change and to fit something new into an already packed schedule, so I've designed my services so that I can connect with you in a few different ways. Please read below for more information.
Coaching Wherever You Are.
For the busy, the over-scheduled, or the frequent flyer, you can see me wherever you are, on a weekly basis to keep you on track, moving forward, and to trouble-shoot consistently.
- I meet people in person, or virtually, for 60 minute in-depth sessions, and for shorter 30 minute check-ins.
- We can craft a coaching plan the includes a combination of in-person and virtual sessions to make it easy for you to incorporate health coaching into your life.
- Although coaching is not a"quick fix", you will likely begin to notice changes right away.
- Plan on at least ten to twelve weeks to begin to solidify lasting change.
- Sixty minute sessions (in person or virtual): $115
- Thirty minute sessions (virtual): $85
- Three and six month discounted packages are available.
- Contact me for more information.
- If paying by credit card, a 2.75% processing fee will be added to each transaction.
Group health coaching is an effective and affordable way to get the support and motivation you need to make lasting health behavior changes in your life. In group coaching, we'll create personal wellness visions and goals, and we'll share our successes and learn from our challenges together. Just as group therapy is effective, group coaching provides powerful learning opportunities as you hear and relate to the visions, goals, and challenges of others in a supportive and affirming environment.
- Group sessions are 60-75 minutes depending on the needs of the group.
- Group rates are $45 per session per person.
- Ten group sessions can be purchased as a package for $383 per person, a 15% discount.
- Groups are small, approximately three - four people.
- Contact me if you are interested in joining a group or if you have a group in mind.